Mirchi ka Salan is a very popular Hyderabadi preparation. As it’s main ingredient is mirchi (long green chilli), so it’s hot and spicy dish. It is served as side dish to complement hyderabadi mutton biryani, chicken biryani, prawn biryani, vegetable biryani or any other type of briyani.
Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 20 min
- Chopped onions: ½ onion
- Onion paste: ½ cup
- Ginger garlic paste: 2 tablespoons
- Sesame seeds powder: 2 tablespoons
- Cashew nuts: 8
- Green chilli: 5
- Chilli powder: 2 tablespoons
- Turmeric powder: ½ teaspoon
- Cumin seed powder: 1 tablespoon
- Coriander powder: 1 tablespoon
- Salt: to taste
- Coconut powder (dried): 1 tablespoon
- Curry leaves: 5
- Mustard seeds: 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds: 1 teaspoon
- Refined oil: 3 tablespoons
1. Dry and roast the sesame seeds and cashew nuts and then powder them in a mixer.
2. Heat oil in a pan and fry the green chillies and keep it aside.
3. In the same pan, heat oil and then add mustered seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves and chopped onion; fry them until color changes.
4. Then add onion paste and ginger garlic paste and cook until the paste turn to golden brown.
5. Then add sesame seed, cashew nut powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and salt. Mix them well, and then add water to it. Cook for couple of minutes.
6. Add fried green chillies, tamarind juice and dried coconut powder. Then cook for another 5-6 minutes until the oil seperates.
7. Now the mirchi ka salan is ready to serve.
8. Serve hot with any type of biryani and enjoy the dish.