Palak (Spinach) Fry is a an awesome side dish cooked in a south Indian style. It is very healthy and highly rich in folic acid. This recipe can be prepared very quickly and is completely different take on usual spinach recipes. It can be served with chapati or rice.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Spinach (Palak): 250 gms
- Onion: 1
- Garlic: 4 cloves
- Ginger: 1 cm
- Green chilli: 4
- Cumin powder: 1 tablespoon
- Coriander powder: 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric: ½ teaspoon
- Salt: to taste
- Curry leaves: 1 bunch
- Mustard: 1 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds: 1 tablespoon
- Refined oil: 3 tablespoons
1. Heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, green chilli and curry leaves.
2. When it starts spluttering, add chopped onions and cook it until it turns golden brown.
3. Then add minced ginger and garlic and cook for another 2 minutes on medium flame.
4. Add salt and turmeric powder.
5. Now add palak and mix well. Close the lid and cook for another 2 min on medium flame.
6. Lower the flame and cook for another 10 min.
7. Add coriander powder and cumin powder and saute it.
8. Palak fry is ready to serve. Garnish with coriander and serve hot with chapati or rice.