Capsicum rice is an awesome and healthy receipe. It is very easy to prepare. In this recipes, carrots are also added, so the combination of carrot & capsicum give a nice colour to complete dish. You can follow the same method with the combination of your choice of vegetables. It can be served with any curry or raita.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Boiled rice: 1 cup
- Capsicum: 1 cup (chopped lengthwise)
- Carrot: 1/4 cup (grated)
- Ginger: 1 tsp (chopped)
- Garlic: 1 tsp (chopped)
- Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
- Pepper powder: 1 tsp
- Chilli Powder: 1 tsp(or as required)
- Tomato ketchup: 2 tsps
- Curry leaves: 8-10
- Coriander powder: 1 tsp
- Oil: 2-3 tsps
- Salt: to taste.
1. In a pan heat the oil, when the oil is hot add cumin seeds, curry leaves, chopped ginger and garlic.
2. Saute them for a while and to it add grated carrot and fry for a minute and then add chopped capsicum.
3. Saute the capsicum till it become little tender.
4. Then add boiled rice and mix well.
5. To this add salt, chilli powder, coriander powder, pepper powder, ketchup and mix well.
6. Now cook for another 3-4 minutes, until all the raw spices are cooked.
7. Serve hot with any curry or raita.