Pav bhaji is originally a maharashtrian cuisine. But now it is popular in almost all metropolitian areas in India. Pav means small loaf of bread or buns and Bhaji is vegetable dish.
Since it has many vegetables, so it is very healthy as well as nutritious. You may add more vegetables as per your choice. Childern who avoid eating vegetables would definitely love this recipe. This dish is versatile as it can be served in all types of meal, whether breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Green pepper- 1 medium size (finely chopped)
- Red pepper- 1 medium size (finely chopped)
- Yellow pepper- 1 medium size (finely chopped)
- Cauliflower- 1 small size (finely chopped)
- Carrots- 2 small size (finely chopped)
- French beans- 50 gms (finely chopped)
- Potatoes- 5 (boiled)
- Onion- 2 medium size (finely chopped)
- Garlic pods- 4 to 5 (grated)
- Pav bhaji masala- 2 tbsp (available in any Indian grocery shop)
- Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
- Chilly powder- 1 tsp
- Tomato puree- 1/2 cup
- Oil- 1 tbsp
- Salt- to taste
- Buns- 8
Heat oil in a pan. Add garlic and saute it for few seconds. Then add onion till they become transculent.
Add all the vegetables (except potatoes) and cook covered for 15-20 minutes.
Now add turmeric powder, chilly powder, salt and mix it well.
Add tomoto puree and stir it then cover it for about 5 minutes.
Now add potatoes (peeled and mashed) and pav bhaji masala and mix it well. Cook it for another 5-6 minutes.
Garnish Bhaji with chopped onions & small pieces of paneer.
Divide buns into halves and fry them in a frying pan using little oil (or butter).
Serve hot bhaji with pav and butter on top of it.