Set Dosa as the name suggests is a set of 3 thick, spongy and fluffy small Dosas usually served with any kind of chutney. In this recipe, I added some grated carrot, green chillies, ginger and coriander leaves on top of the Dosa. When you prepare Dosa, just remember that as you pour the batter on tawa, don’t spread it, just leave it and cover the lid. It looks like a nice and thick pancake.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
2 cups dosa batter
Salt to taste
A pinch of baking soda
2 tsp beated curd (its completly optional, if you didn’t ferment the batter then only add curd)
1 grated carrot
1 chopped green chilli
1 chopped onion(optional)
1″ chopped ginger
Oil for frying
Few coriander leaves
- Soak 2 cups of rice, 3/4 cup of urad dal, and 1 tsp of methi seeds in enough water for 6 hours. After 6 hours grind the ingridients along with 1/4 cup of cooked rice or poha by adding enough water. Leave it overnight to ferment.
- Take Dosa batter and add salt, baking soda, curd and mix well. Make sure that batter is not thick in consistancy.
- Heat the tawa until hot. Apply 1 tsp oil and pour 2 laddleful of batter (do not spread the batter). Immediately add some grated carrot, green chillies, onions, ginger, and coriander leaves on top of it.
- Drizzle some oil and cover the lid, let it cook for 30 seconds in medium heat.
- No need to flip the Dosa you can serve directly with any kind of chutney.
Serve with any chutney and saagu.