Chana Dal Chutney is a South Indian chutney. It can be prepared very quickly and easily. It is served as a side dish with any dosa, upma or idli and it tastes awesome along with them.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 2 minutes
- Roasted chana dal: 1 cup
- Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
- Green chillies: 3
- Oil: 1 tsp
- Salt: to taste
- Curry leaves: few sprigs
1. Grind the roasted chana dal and salt into a fine powder in a grinder.
2. To this ground roasted chana dal powder, add enough water to form a thick consistency like chutney.
3. For tempering, heat the oil and when it is hot, add mustard seeds. When they start crackling, add green chillies and curry leaves.
4. Add this tempering to the chutney and mix well.
5. Chana dal chutney is ready to serve.