This tangy and simple chicken recipe can be prepared when you do not want a spicy dish with the main course. It goes well with rice or rotis. Whole spices are used in this recipe along with a dash of cumin and coriander.
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 25 min
- ¾ kg chicken (skinned and cut into bite size pieces)
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 sliced onions
- ¾ cup small onions (ground)
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- ¼ kg chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 4 each of whole spices (cinnamon, cloves, cardamom)
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- Marinate chicken with vinegar and salt and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a pan and add sugar. When it turns brown, add whole spices and sliced onions. Fry well; add ground onion and ginger-garlic paste. Fry for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and fry till tomatoes are pulpy.
- Add all the powders, fry for one minute. Add ½ tsp salt. Mix in the marinated chicken.
- Add little water and cook till the chicken is done. Add more water for gravy consistency.