Chapatis are one of the most popular dish in India which is prepared in all Indian homes on daily basis. Chapatis are versatile and can be cooked in different variety. This chapati is made with wheat flour and stuffed with vegetables.
This recipe is a nutritious, tasty and is ideal for diet conscious people and for children. As we all know, whole wheat is rich in fiber. By adding vegetables it can be made more nutritious and tastier too. Vegetable chapati recipe for you, try and enjoy this nutritious recipe and live healthy.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 2-3 minutes per chapathi
Serves/yields: 4-5 persons
- Whole wheat flour 2 cups
- Potato 1 big
- Carrot 2
- Capsicum 1 finely chopped
- Onion 2 chopped
- Ginger garlic paste 1 spoon
- Salt to taste
- Green chili paste 1/2 spoon (optional)
- Coriander leaves finely chopped a handful.
- Water to mix dough
- Pressure cook potato and carrot and peel and mash.
- Mix all ingredients together and mix well. Water from vegetables is enough, if needed add little water making a soft dough.
- Let it stand for 10-15 minutes.
- Take a portion from the dough and roll it into chapati.
- Heat a tava and cook chapati on both sides.
- Side dish is not necessary as this is spicy and has vegetables in it, if needed coconut or onion chutney will be fine.
- Nutritious, tasty, delicious vegetable chapati is ready to serve.