Beetroot chapati is a very nutritious Indian flat bread, as a rich source of antioxidants and nutrients. It purifies the blood and has anti-carcinogenic properties as well. It can be prepared very easily just like a plain chapati. Also, its colourful appearance makes a hit with kids!
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 2-3 min for each chapati
- Wheat flour: 1 1/2 cup
- Beetroot grated: 1 cup
- Salt: to taste
- Oil: for frying chapatis
1. Mix the grated beetroot and wheat flour together to make a smooth dough (do not add water while making dough).
2. Keep it aside for about 30 minutes.
3. Now divide the dough into small equal parts and roll them as chapatis.
4. Heat the tava (griddle) and cook these chapatis on both sides with oil.
5. Serve the colourful beetroot chapati with any raita or curry.