Bambino (Semiya or Vermicelli) Pulihora is one of the tasty as well as healthy receipe popular in South India. The term ‘Puli’ means sour taste. So, this recipe gives tastes sour, spicy as well as salty. It can be prepared very quickly and is perfect for breakfast.
Preparation Time: 5 min
Cooking Time : 10 min
1. Take a pan, add bambino, salt, turmeric powder, little oil and water. Let it boil.
2. After the bambino is boiled, drain the excess water.
3. In another pan, add some oil for tempering.
4. When the oil is hot, add mustard seeds, when they crackle, add chana dal, urad dal, cumin seeds, pepper corns (optional), fenugreek powder, dry red chillies, hing and curry leaves.
5. Add this tempering to the boiled bambino and mix it well. Then add lemon juice to it as per taste.
6. Now the tasty Bambino Pulihora is ready to eat.