Lady finger can be made in many ways. This is a South Indian version combining pakoras and groundnuts with this veggie. It is very delicious and mouth watering and can be taken with roti or rice.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
- Gramflour (Besan): 150 gms
- Onions chopped: 1½
- Chilly powder: 1 teaspoon
- Salt: ½ teaspoon
- Coriander powder: ½ teaspoon
- Baking soda: pinch
- Oil for deep fry: according to taste
- Ladies finger: 200 gms
- Ground nut: ¼ cup
- Onions chopped: 1
- Green chilly: 5
- Ginger and garlic paste: 1 tablespoon
- Chilly powder: 1 tablespoon
- Salt: 1 ½ teaspoon
- Cumin powder: 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder: 1 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds: 1 teaspoon
- Oil: 2 tablespoons
- Turmeric powder: ½ teaspoon
1. Cut onions vertically into long pieces. In a bowl take besan and add these chopped onion, chilly powder, salt, coriander powder, baking soda and water and mix well.
2. Heat oil in a deep pan and drop this mixture little by little like pakoras. Fry till they get a nice brown color. Take them on a tissue and keep them aside.
3. Now heat oil in a pan add groundnut seeds and fry them until they splutter and keep them aside too.
4. Then add mustard seeds in the same pan and when they start spluttering, add green chillies and chopped onions and fry until they turn to golden brown.
5. Then add chopped bhindi and fry for 5-8 mins till the gumminess of bhindi goes off. Then add turmeric powder and mix well.
6. Now add groundnut seeds and pakoras cut into small pieces, to the above mixture. Fry for 2 min and then add cumin powder and coriander powder and cook for another 3 mins.
7. Now the Bhindi Fry is ready to serve. Garnish with coriander and serve hot.