Mirchi Bhaji is a deep fried crispy snack/starter recipe with long green chillies coated with besan and a spicy mixture .We can make stuffed Mirchi Bhaji as well. In this recipe, rice flour is also used as a coating, which makes the mirchi bhaji crispy and delicious.
Preparation time: 10 min
Cooking time: 20 min
- Gram flour: 1 cup
- Rice flour: 1/4 cup
- Mirchi: 10
- Oil: 1.5 cup
- Chilli powder: 1 teaspoon
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda: 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin powder: 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder: 1 teaspoon
- Ajwain: 1/2 teaspoon
1. Take mirchi and make a cut from any of the sides and rub salt inside the mirchi and keep it aside.
2. In a bowl, take gram flour, rice flour, ajwain, chilli powder, salt, baking soda, coriander powder and cumin powder and mix well.
3. Add water to this mixture, to make thick and consistent batter.
4. Heat oil in a pan at a high flame.
5. Dip mirchi in the batter, lifting it to make sure that there is a thin layer of batter on mirchi and then dip it in the heated oil, deep frying it. Follow the same process with all mirchies.
6. If we fry them at right temperature, the bhaji will be very crispy and the oil will not stick as well.
7. Sprinkle some chat masala on bhajis and serve it with chopped onions.